Stop Lusting & Start Living: 7 Secrets to Overcome Lust and Live a Fulfilling Life
As a former lifeguard and fitness trainer, I am no stranger to what it is to daily deal with sexual lust. Although lust can come in many forms, be it financial, material, social or physical, for me physical urges were my primary torment.
Upon continuously being transported away repeatedly by my own lusts, I began crying out to God to "deliver me from evil." I said to God, "Deliver me and I will deliver others." The Lord replied, "You shall deliver nations." For this reason my insights are being put in print to deliver the peoples of the earth from diverse lusts and a wayward life.
Deliverance comes in many forms and fashions. For myself Providence has apparently had deliverance to come to me through the gaining of personal revelatory insight in regard to sexuality and the forces thereof.
Here are 7 Secrets to Overcome Lust and Live a Fulfilling Life.
1. Your body is not you. You are spirit, mind and body. Acknowledge the inner man and totality of your personhood.
2. Keep things in perspective. There is nothing wrong with struggling. It's when we quit struggling and give in that there is a problem. We all suffer temptation. It's what you do with the temptation when it arrives.
3. Discipline and bring under your body by daily exercise. Wear your body out through hard work and physical exertion so it will not be continuously bored looking for something, or someone, to do.
4. Fast TV and imagery that engages your sexual appetite. You become what you behold. Make a covenant with your eyes to refrain from seductive glances.
5. Get a clear vision for your life and go after it wholeheartedly with fiery passion. When you are actively engaged in meaningful work, your mind is less likely to wander and be distracted with meaningless lusts. Instead of undressing and fantasizing about every lady you see, focus internally on your destiny.
6. Avoid flirtatious behavior and people. Consider such advances at work as sexual harassment as it certainly will become that for you mentally and extremely become counterproductive unless you confront it. You can not correct what you do not confront. Verbalize your case and commitment to become whole and live free of sexual enticement and addictions.
7. Think long-term pleasure over immediate gratification. Immediate gratification is often mindless and frequently leads to pain thereafter. Remember if someone is flirtatious with you, they are most likely the same with others. How then can you expect to build a meaningful relationship with such a person? Do not be devoured by Delilah. Seek a woman of noble character to whom you can fully give yourself spirit, mind and body.
Life is wonderful when we live it in a balanced fashion, indulge in all of its joys with moderation and come to a place of personal self-respect and integration.
by Paul Davis
Get Your House Estimate Cost For FREE: